Jan 02 - Jan 04

Colin and I spent December 26th - January 3rd on a grand tour of the South, with stops in Maryland, Caldwell, Cary, Greensboro, Charlotte, Columbia, and D.C., visiting family and friends. January 2nd was the second-to-last leg of our 1,500 mile journey. We woke up in Charlotte and were headed to Bethesda. About 2:30 in the afternoon, just across the Virginia state line, we made a pit stop for barbecue. Colin was craving it, and we couldn't leave the south without eating any pork products. After asking Karen (our Christmas gift to each other this year: a GPS) for directions to "BBQ," we ended up in South Hill, Va., and Wilson Brothers. Just what we needed for lunch, plus another 1 lb container to take home.


January 3, we picked up Rudy from Colin's dad's and finally got to sleep in our own bed, for the first time in nine days. Rudy always travels in his case, but when we stopped at Lowes on our way home, and I let Rudy stretch his legs in the parked car while Colin ran in to grab a heater.

January 4: I woke up bright and early (for me) to get ready for my first (full) day of my new job. Who knew the view from my kitchen window could be so pretty before 8 am?

No comments:

Post a Comment