Goal 1: Books

Three more books for goal 1.

An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler. I'm a sucker for food books, and this was no exception. Very similar to MFK Fisher, probably owing to the fact that the author cites her as an inspiration on the very first page. 


Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. I thought this was one of my mom's favorite books, but after reading it I found out it's not, and that she doesn't even care for Ann Patchett at all. Someone must have recommended this to me - I don't know why I would have picked it up otherwise. Luckily I did like it, and am reading more of Patchett's work. 


Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson, aka the Bloggess. Very funny but definitely not for everyone. It's basically her blog in book form, so if you don't get her humor, you won't laugh out loud like I did.


1. Read 27 books | Progress: 4/27.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure when you read the Ann Patchett book, but Claudia recommended one of her books (State of Wonder) to me during your bridal shower. Maybe you had a similar conversation with her?

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete